Walnut Hill Neighborhood Plan
The Walnut Hill Neighborhood Plan 2016 was the culmination of nearly a year of research and engagement. The 2016 Plan builds upon the progress created through the original 2007 Neighborhood Plan while helping to illustrate a unique vision for the neighborhood. The plan will serve to guide the development of Walnut Hill through the year 2021. The 2016 Plan was facilitated by The Enterprise Center – Community Development Corporation, with financial and technical support from Local Initiatives Support Corporation. Community outreach and engagement support were provided by the Walnut Hill Community Association and the Neighborhood Plan Steering Committee.
The relationship between The Enterprise Center CDC and the WHCA has led to many impactful projects and programs, including:
- Developing the first Walnut Hill Neighborhood Plan in 2007, and implementing portions of this plan over the next several years;
- Forming the Walnut Hill Street Team that evolved into the Community Leaders, an award-winning program for community engagement and resident leadership development;
- Renovating the Walnut Hill Community Playground in 2009;
- Creating the Walnut Hill Community Farm, beginning in 2010;
- Revising the neighborhood plan to create an updated plan, finalized in 2016, that will guide community and economic development initiatives in Walnut Hill over the next five years.