University of the Sciences
- Ph.D. Political Economics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.Sc. (Econ), London School of Economics and Political Science
- BA Political Science and Economics, California State University at Fullerton
Non Academic Positions
Harold is the founder, owner and president of two private companies eventually sold to publicly traded health care companies. The two companies, TTC-llc, and DataEdge, developed and sold databases to improve the costing and cost management of global clinical trials. Virtually every commercial drug development organization of any size currently continues to use one or more of these databases. He is also partner and managing director to the Hay Group, a global management consulting firm, and an Econometric modeler at SSI, Inc.
Harold is a Professor and Research Professor of Health Policy, University of the Sciences, Philadelphia. Areas of teaching concentration: R&D in the pharmaceutical industry, international pharmaceutical marketing, health economics and statistics. Established the MBA in pharmaceutical business. He is also a visiting Professor of Health Policy at the Center for Evidence Based Policy of Queen Mary College, University of London, as well as an Assistant Professor of University of North Carolina at Greensboro a Research Officer for the University of Zurich and a Research Analyst with the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Published two books on econometric modelling and business strategy. 1st author on over 40 peer reviewed papers in several areas: drug development, business strategy, and human resources.
Current research areas: the landscape for clinical investigators in the United States, the general linear model and categorical data.
Other Volunteer Boards
- Graduate School of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- German Society of Pennsylvania
- Summer Research Program Committee, London School of Economics and Political Science