OnCall Kitchen Assistant
The Dorrance H. Hamilton Center for Culinary Enterprises (CCE) is seeking a self-motivated individual for a Part-Time Kitchen Assistant (KA) opportunity at the Center for Culinary Enterprises (CCE), a commercial kitchen and food business incubator.
The CCE assists small and scaling food businesses with access to licensed and certified production kitchen space, storage, business and product technical assistance, wholesale contract procurement opportunities, and access to a range of industry, organizational, and community partners.
The Kitchen Assistant will work hands-on with culinary professionals, local entrepreneurs, and management. The on-call KA will work 10-20 hours per week and will report to the Director of Operations. The KA will be responsible for the organization, upkeep, and member support at the CCE.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining clean and organized production kitchens, storage spaces, scullery, and bathrooms throughout the day, as well as following several quality assurance procedures for member time management, small wares equipment usage, temperature controls, and facility monitoring.
- Completing and signing off on all necessary daily tasks and side work duties.
- Assisting Members when needed, especially with Member storage assistance.
- Assist in ensuring a high level of health, safety, cleanliness, food hygiene, and safe working practices are followed by all CCE clients and their staff.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
- It is expected that you work with a sense of urgency, positivity, and hospitality to our clients!
Qualifications and Education Requirements :
- ServSafe certificate required, or must complete certification within 90 days of the start date
- 2+ years experience working in a commercial kitchen
- Experience with basic maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and evenings
- Demonstrated flexibility and excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Work, function independently, and remain calm and focused under stress.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to follow instructions and work as part of a team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment