TEC Community Development Corporation
The Enterprise Center Community Development Corporation is a community and economic development nonprofit focused on bringing positive change to the Walnut Hill neighborhood and surrounding communities in West Philadelphia. Founded in 2001 by The Enterprise Center, TEC-CDC extends TEC’s entrepreneurial mission to the neighborhood level, with a focus on building community capacity for change, helping small businesses grow, and increasing healthy food access.
TEC-CDC has more than 10 years of experience in driving revitalization projects in West Philadelphia, including both programmatic initiatives to develop community residents and physical redevelopment projects to rebuild infrastructure and create jobs. For more information on current initiatives, follow the links below:
- Dorrance H. Hamilton Center for Culinary Enterprises (CCE): The CCE helps local food entrepreneurs grow their businesses and create jobs. CCE clients have access to four commercial kitchens, food storage, technical assistance, and marketing and procurement opportunities. Learn more
- Common Table: Common Table, TEC-CDC’s restaurant incubator program, allows local restaurateurs to “proof” their food business concepts in a short-term, low-risk “pop-up” restaurant setting. Learn more
- West Philly Foods: West Philly Foods increases healthy food access in West Philadelphia and includes TEC-CDC’s urban farm, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program, and farm stand operations. Learn more
- Community Leaders: The Community Leaders program develops residents into leaders through an annual training and outreach program. TEC-CDC also provides training in this community engagement model to other community-based organizations in the region. Learn more
- 52nd Street Initiative: TEC-CDC works with local stakeholders to revitalize the 52nd Street commercial corridor by providing corridor cleaning services and connecting residents, businesses, and property owners to the resources needed for a thriving commercial corridor. Learn more