The Dorrance H. Hamilton Center for Culinary Enterprises
Located at 310 S. 48th Street (entrance on Hanson Street at the rear of the building), The Dorrance H. Hamilton Center for Culinary Enterprises (CCE) supports both established and start-up food businesses and food processors in need of commercial kitchen space and technical assistance.
- The CCE includes state-of-the-art, shared-use commercial kitchens and food storage space available at affordable hourly rates to culinary entrepreneurs. The facility is open and available 24 hours a day. Learn more about the facilities and equipment and about renting kitchen space in the CCE.
- The eKitchen Multimedia Learning Center is a fully operational demonstration kitchen and smart classroom equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual technology including recording equipment for both in-person and distance learning. The eKitchen can also be rented for private events or workshops. Learn more about reserving the eKitchen.
- The facility meets all compliance requirements set by the City of Philadelphia and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and is registered as a USDA and FDA manufacturing facility.
- We also offer food business development services include mentoring, marketing, contract placement and various other business services through instructional and hands-on workshops.
Organizations interested in replicating or exploring the possibility of a CCE in their community, please consider The Enterprise Center (TEC) as a starting point!
TEC helps organizations from around the country start and run effective business development programs for food entrepreneurs. Leveraging over 25 years of community and economic development experience, TEC’s variety of offerings includes feasibility studies, operations manuals, training curricula, and information systems.
- Business acceleration
- Training classes
- Access to capital
- Facility and programmatic feasibility
- Fundraising and partnerships
- Operations and information systems
If you are interested in taking advantage of TEC’s proven successes and systems, we welcome the opportunity to add value to your organization, to your community, and to your programs. For more information about how The Enterprise Center can help you, please contact Allison Blansfield at firstname.lastname@example.org.