The Dorrance H. Hamilton Center for Culinary Enterprises
Located at 310 S. 48thStreet (entrance on Hanson Street at the rear of the building), The Dorrance H. Hamilton Center for Culinary Enterprises (CCE) supports both established and start-up food businesses and food processors in need of commercial kitchen space and technical assistance.
- The CCE includes state-of-the-art, shared-use commercial kitchens and food storage space available at affordable hourly rates to culinary entrepreneurs. The facility is open and available 24 hours a day. Learn more about the facilities and equipment and about renting kitchen space in the CCE.
- The eKitchen Multimedia Learning Center is a fully operational demonstration kitchen and smart classroom equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual technology including recording equipment for both in-person and distance learning. The eKitchen can also be rented for private events or workshops. Learn more about reserving the eKitchen.
- The facility meets all compliance requirements set by the City of Philadelphia and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and is registered as a USDA and FDA manufacturing facility.
- We also offer food business development services include mentoring, marketing, contract placement and various other business services through instructional and hands on workshops.
Community Programming: The Center will host a variety of educational and community-oriented programs, including:
- A partnership with the School District of Philadelphia and Philadelphia Academies, teaching a combination of business education and advanced culinary instruction to high school seniors from Philadelphia public schools with existing culinary and hospitality programs.
- A partnership with JEVS Human Services that teaches a combination of industry skills and basic culinary instruction to young adults transitioning out of foster care.
- With The Enterprise Center-run Walnut Hill Community Farm and West Philly Foods Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program, the CCE will host farm to table cooking demonstrations and dinners.
- In partnership with AmeriHealth, the CCE will host a combination of nutrition and parenting workshops to expecting mothers.
Organizations that are interested in replicating or exploring the possibility of a Center for Culinary Enterprises in their community please consider The Enterprise Center your starting point!
The Enterprise Center helps organizations from around the country start and run effective business development programs for food entrepreneurs. Leveraging 25 years of experience of community and economic development, we currently have a variety of offerings, including feasibility studies, operations manuals, training curricula, and information systems:
- Business acceleration
- Training Classes
- Access to capital
- Facility and programmatic feasibility
- Fundraising and partnerships
- Operations and information systems
If you are interested in taking advantage of the proven successes and systems of The Enterprise Center, we welcome the opportunity to add value to your organization, to your community, and to your programs. For more information about how The Enterprise Center can help you contact Della Clark at dclark (at) theenterprisecenter (dot) com. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
View Calendar Add Add